2017 MAEAP-MANIA Contest Rules:
Farm must meet the USDA guideline of being “able to produce or sell $1,000 worth of an agricultural product.” Horses, poultry, vegetables, hay, maple syrup, and trees are all considered agricultural products.
Ways to Enter:
- Complete a new MAEAP A*SYST with the Chippewa Luce Mackinac Conservation District MAEAP Technician or FAP Forester between October 1st, 2015 and September 30th, 2016. Eligible A*SYST’s include: Cropping System (Vegetables, Field Crops, Christmas Tree, Fruit, and Nursery), Farmstead System, Livestock System, and Forest, Wetlands, & Habitat System
- Attend a MAEAP Phase 1 Event before October 1st, 2017.
- Recommend an eligible farm to complete an A*SYST (must be completed by farm before October 1st, 2017).
- Earn your MAEAP Verification before October 1st, 2017.
Maximize your ways to win!
- Earn one entry for each A*SYST completed before October 1st, 2017
- Earn one entry by attending a qualifying MAEAP Phase 1 event before October 1st, 2017
- Earn one entry for each verification earned by October 1st , 2017
- Earn one entry for recommending an eligible farm to complete an A*SYST (must be completed before October 1st, 2017)
MAEAP A*SYSTs completed before October 1st, 2016 are not eligible for entry. Farms with direct discharge into waterways, with open Right-to-Farm complaints, or in conflict with Federal or State Laws as identified in the MAEAP tools must be actively working to come into compliance in order to be entered.